General tips about Mac OS X and iOS
- MacMost is the site to follow for bits and bolts in Mac OSX.
Change templates in Xcode
- Xcode Templates gives you simple instructions how to change one or more templates in Xcode.
- cocos2d forum is the place to go to if you have any questions.
- Lucas Derraugh has great videos on C, Objective-C, Cocoa and Xcode. Check it out!
- iUridium has an excellent list of resources for cocos2d developers.
- Nathan Burba has written a bang-up book.
- Ray Wenderlich has nice tutorials.
- Matt Gallagher has some deep insights. Not about cocos2d, but about iOS and Mac OS X programming in general.
- Craig McFarlane has has a nice list of cocos2d resources.
- Craig Reynolds is the gentleman to study if you want to learn about steering behaviours
- Michael Daley has some nice video tutorials on game design.
- Steffen Itterheim has great solutions to many problems.
- Todd Kerpelman has made Box2D Tutorials for Flash. Even if you’re using Box2D with cocos2d, it’s still worth watching to get an overview of the Box2D concepts.
- Scoop.it has a nice list of Core Data resources.
- There are 3 types of Core Data projects that you have to distinguish. iOS, OS X single document App, and OS X document based App. Here is a great video for the last type, by Jonathan Rentzsch.
- Multiple Windows with Core Data by Tim Isted.
Excellent course called developing apps for iOS CS193P from Stanford. Do yourself a service and watch the whole course!
Jerome Jouvie’s basic tutorial that will introduce you to the world of OpenGL
Git is a free version control system. To learn Git take a look at git-scm. There is also a nice talk on youtube by Patrick Hogan. There is a nice git tutorial at Git Immersion or an alternative clone at git howto. Read about git commands at gitref.
- Rachel Remen. Take a look at The Art of Living Every Minute of Your Life … It has nothing to do with programming, but everything to do with our lives.
- Eckhart Tolle is a nice guy with some good insights. Just go to youtube and search for Tolle.